08 April 2007

Easter Greetings

Hello everyone! Happy Easter! The festivities were not too exciting here, but that's OK. I get twice the holidays anyways. And I got to celebrate with the kids on Friday too. Saturday morning Laura, Deborah, and I went to Grandma's Kitchen to get brunch. We had heard the breakfast there was pretty good and thought it would be fun. It was fun to get breakfast, but as usual the food left something to be desired. I had blueberry pancakes, hash browns, sausage, and coffee. I would describe the quality as hotel Continental breakfast quality, but not free. It has just renewed my resolve to stay away from Western places and enjoy the Chinese food while I can. The coffee was good though. After breakfast we went to Trustmart to buy vinegar and eggs to dye eggs. Outside of Trustmart was this weird game that you paid a few mao (cents) to throw Snickers bars into the mouth of this big cardboard head. I didn't understand it really because it didn't seem like you got to keep the candy or anything, you just paid to throw them in with no prize. After we bought supplies, we over to Deborah's house and died Easter eggs with dye my mom sent me. Deborah also had some chocolate that her mom had left her when she came to visit during the New Years break. So we even got to have some Easter candy. Laura and I were amazed she still had so much left, the candy fiends that we are, but were happy to partake. The eggs turned out beautifully as well, most of them anyways. I had one color combination that ended up being a green-brown color but they can't all be perfect.
That afternoon I went running and then was going to go swimming, but my swimming friends said that I shouldn't swim until my leg scabbed over. I decided to listen to them and so just went home. When I was at the pool Huangjie had more things to give me. The first was a fan that her father had written the characters I picked before on, strength 力量. She also gave me this tracing paper book to practice writing my characters because she was criticizing my characters last weekend. I thought it was a funny present, but if I have time I might try it and see how it goes. Everything is good practice.
Today, on real Easter, it is sunny and cool and I am going to play rugby. Slated for today are also homework and possibly scrabble.
Well, I hope you all have good Easters and eat a chocolate bunny for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great week. Talk to you soon.