10 January 2007

Call off the search parties

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been a good blogger these past few days. In my defense, not alot "interesting" has happened. I thought I'd write a quick update to hold you over until the weekend when I have a chance to write more. So here's what I have been up to. I went exploring with Laura and bought a new coffee cup. It is big and grey and very pretty. On Thursday night I started feeling sick again, yuck. I took a Chinese test on Friday and got 9.9 out of 10! Yea! Then I went home and promptly got into bed and did not move all weekend. By Monday I was feeling much better, but I didn't go swimming because I didn't want to jinx it. Yesterday was quiz night again and we are moving up in the world, we got second place!! Although it was smoky, fun was had by all. Today after class I went swimming then watched movies with Matt, Little Miss Sunshine and the Sentinel. I don't know if my standards are going down, but both were very good I thought. I don't remember exactly when this happened, but this has also been the week of swimming presents. I got a navy blue and orange and a hat for participating in the New Years Winter swimming event and I got to be in the paper again! That's me getting in the water. This time I was mentioned in one paper and mentioned and had a picture in another, but the stories themselves were about the event, not about me. One of my swimming friends also bought me a traditional style cup and saucer too, but I'm not really sure why. I'm going out to dinner with all my swimming friends again tomorrow night too. I started swimming again on Tuesday and although the weather was beautiful (sunny and relatively warm) the water was ice cold, 5 degrees Celsius!! Brrr! It was just as cold today too, but they say this is as cold as it gets. Well, that's all I can think of for now. I love you and miss you all. I'll write again soon, I promise. And if I don't, just think about how lucky you are to be hearing from me this often. A few years ago a phone call or two a month would be alot to expect if I was studying here in China. Technology is amazing, let's just not take it for granted and expect to be updated every second of every day (mother). :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey widderbutt -
i loved "little miss sunshine," so its not just you. that swimsuit you're wearing is borderline revealing - but the white belt really pulls the outfit together.
minnesota is starting to remember it's january but still no more snow :(
what are you going to be up to at the end of may?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how low your standards were before, but I must say I thought The Sentinel was terrible. I've been watching a lot of movies lately (3 or 4 a day) and I think of you often while considering which of your movies to watch. Thanks for those.

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Sunshine was my favorite movie of the year so far. I did not see the other one so I can't comment.

I just love reading about what you are doing. So thanks for taking the time to write even if it seems like a pain. It is really fun to read your blog. Send us the newspaper when you have time. I think the South High swimmers would love to know that one of their own is competing in China. Its so international.

Anonymous said...

By the way, your new coffee mug is much more than a cup-- that has got to hold about a gallon of coffee. Nice color though!