19 January 2007

You yong guan and UW-SCU lian huan hui



Today was my first real final. It was my Chinese writing class final. It went pretty well, which was good. After that I went swimming and took a picture of the place where I go swimming. It is the big building behind the trees. The next picture is of the entrance, which is around back.
This guy I swim with also sent me some pictures the other day, so here is a picture of me swimming at my pool. Then we had a holiday party with the Sichuan students that one of the Chinese teachers organized. It was fun, and very well orchestrated. It felt a little like we were in middle school again, but I'm still a child at heart and I think everybody had a good time. We divided into 4 teams and played lots of different games and whoever's team had the most points at the end won. My team won. They made us a banner for the event, which you can see in the background. It said "UW-SCU Exchange Program New Year Party". In China, they make red banner's like that for everything. They are all over campus and the city with political slogans on them and they change weekly it seems. I guess they just want everyone to know what sort of event they are attending, in case they forget. Well, other than that it has been a pretty boring week. I am getting ready for excitement though, getting my research ready and preparing for my parents to come.

No comments: