06 December 2006

Haircut

Exciting things have been happening to me this week! This October I applied for a scholarship at school and I found out yesterday I got it. It's a research scholarship and it's $4,500 over the whole year, which will be great.
Also, Laura and I decided to get our haircut today. There is a place right outside of campus near the restaurant street that is quite literally a hole in the wall. You can see little wooden steps going up to the window thing you walk through. Laura and I brought pictures to show, but I was still a little nervous. I have never had my hair cut by anyone but Denise since I was in kindergarten so it was a little scary. There were three chairs there. First this girl washed my hair in the back, then this man cut my hair. It turned out really well, but the way he cut my hair was a little weird. It started out OK, but he cut it in very small sections and it took forever! Then he twisted sections to razor it with a scissors. I was worried that he would make it really frizzy like all the Chinese haircuts. We call them the "I've just been electrocuted haircuts" and both girls and boys have them. They bleach their hair and perm it and make it as frizzy and poofy as physically possible. Mine turned out really well I think. It was just getting too long and heavy. This last one is me and Laura's "after" shot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to see Denise tomorrow so I will tell her about your new style. I like it!

Anonymous said...

sarah! did you get the mary gates scholarship !?!?!

Anonymous said...

your hair is still long!

but i'm glad it turned out, i definitely feel you on fear of letting strange people cut your hair.

Anonymous said...

Nice haircut Sarah!
It sounds like you are having a relaxed, yet adventuresome time in China these days. Don't you love markets?

I went out to eat with your mom today. Strangely, I am at your house as I type...preparing to make cookies.

Your mom said to tell you to keep writing! I agree...

Take care,
Grace