21 July 2009

life in the city

DC in the morning is full of people bustling, hurrying with their blackberry in one had and a Starbucks coffee in the other. Full of ideas and self importance. And I don't say that in a bad way, but DC is full of people who are rally smart and think they are right. Big decisions are made here and it's important to feel that way if you are going to make them.
These are all pictures from my walk to work. Notice the Caribou, at first I was so pleased when I saw one, but they are everywhere.

CVS is the other thing there is alot of, one on every street corner practically. They are a drug store sort of thing. Convenient, but a little much.
I didn't have to wear a suit today, which was nice. I wore khakis and a button down shirt, and felt dressed down. It's weird. I stopped at the cobbler to pick up some shoes on the way to work too. It's just such a city life.
The other cool thing about DC is that on the way to work I pass by all these cool places. Like everyday I pass by the IMF, or the World Bank. I never thought about those places actually existing before, that they were physical buildings. You can work there. I could work there. But I probably wont.
The rest of today. I just worked. I finished the first draft of my white paper, one of 3 documents I am writing while I am here. And I only have 2 weeks left to write, so I am definitely feeling the pressure now. But I'm trying not to take it too seriously. I left at like 6:30 and went for a long run to give my brain a break, which was great. I'll work a little but more tonight and then we are going on a feildtrip to Pax River tomorrow. I'll report when I get back, and maybe even take some pictures, if you're lucky. :)
Oh, and this last building is the building I work in, ACS.





2 comments:

mom said...

Thanks!

Amy said...

I'm enjoying your blog, Sarah. Thanks for taking the time to do it.