13 July 2009

Weekend


These are some pictures from our visit to the state department on Friday. We got to tour the diplomatic rooms, which were beautiful. They were full of American antiques and our guide kept telling us how expensive things were and knew so much about their history.












That night we went to Jazz in the Sculpture Garden. It was packed as you can see. That's one thing I don't really like about the city, fun ideas, but TOO many people. But it was fun. Then we went to dinner and a movie all as a group. We saw MOON, which was this really good sci fi movie about this guy who lives on the moon. Saturday I went on a long bike ride and then we had a group dinner for Jen's birthday. We made ice cream sundaes for her birthday, and played Apples to Apples. We play a way where the person who picks the winner picks the top two or three and gives each top cards 10 seconds to defend their card, which is a really fun way to play. This morning I went for a run and went to the Farmers Market. Also very crowded, but fun too. There were some guys playing blue grass and lots of free samples of really yummy cheese.
Then I went to work for 5 or 6 hours and got some stuff done, which felt good. Except for a moment when I thought I had forgotten to save it. Minor heart attack, but I found it. Yay!
Then I went to the Air and Space Museum, which had a really cool Universe Exhibit. This is a stained glass they had of the wavelengths of light. I really liked it. They also had a cool exhibit about using satellites to monitor the earth and about the Apollo missions. Now I'm at home and getting ready for next week. It was a normal, but pretty fun weekend.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Happy Monday.

mom said...

So how was this week?