22 July 2009

Pax River

Sorry, no pictures were allowed today. But it was a really fun day, a good break from working. We went to Pax River Naval Base and went to several different facilities to learn about the different technologies DOD was working on, from communications to unmanned spacecraft. We even got to fly in a flight simulator and see testing on the Firestorm, the navy's unmanned spacecraft. They also always had the managers or important people come to talk to us, so they could answer all our questions, which was cool. At the end of the day we got to see boats too, which I thought was the coolest part. They have boats that run on jet propulsion instead of props for the navy seals and we got to see them and ask questions about how they work. Then tonight I went to a UW alumni event with Sarah A (the girl from my work). There were lots of interesting people my age there, and even another 09 grad. Mostly soft science majors, although there was one EE guy who worked for DOD. It was fun to talk all of them and made me miss Seattle alot. But it does mean I didn't work at all today. just means I'll have to work hard tomorrow. Night!

No comments: