15 September 2006

I may never come home...


OK guys, I hate to tell you this, but I may never come back to the states. I recently made the discovery of a lifetime, or at least the year. They have Tim Tams in China!! Not only do they have them and sell them in convenient little packages of 4 cookies, they are only about 4 kuai, which is like 50 cents! China has lots to offer in the way of treats. I haven't done them with anyone yet and I'm sad you guys aren't here to partake, but I bought some and I'm sure they will be eaten soon. Maybe I'll have a Tim Tam party on my birthday. In other dessert news, they make this crushed ice thing that is like a natural fruit sno cone, but with chunks of real fruit too. And today we had another kind of sorbet type ice cream (that's Matt and Deborah in the picture). I had pineapple and some sort of delicious vanilla/butterscotch thing. I also got to try honeydew, taro, and orange. Write more soon, but right now I am tired and it is late and I am going to go to sleep. I was just so excited about the Tim Tams I had to tell you all right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

widderbutt:

what is a tim tam? i mean, besides chocolate something.

im glad you're having fun in China, Ithaca is as rainy and isolated as ever.

have fun, i miss you!