20 September 2006

Now this is Culture




Hey everyone. So I'm sick today. I came home from school yesterday at 6pm and didn't go swimming because I felt really tired and drained, but I thought it was because I hadn't been sleeping. I laid down and fell asleep and kept waking up periodically and feeling worse and worse. I even got up in the middle of the night and took a shower because I thought I might feel better, but I just ended up having to lay on the floor because I was too weak and I don't know if it helped at all. I don't know what I have though. Maybe a fever of some sort. I just feel tired and weak and a little like I'm going to throw up. I get dizzy alot. It's no fun at all. So I'm writing to you from my sick bed, in hopes that I will feel better soon. I didn't go to school today and asked my roommate to Qing jia for me (tell the teacher I wasn't going to be there because I was sick).
In other more exciting news, I went to McDonald's yesterday. I didn't want to go, but the rest of my friends were going and I thought it might be an interesting experience. It wasn't that different, but there were a couple interesting things that I noticed. I had a chicken mcnugget happy meal and an ice cream cone. It was pretty much the same. However, instead of apple pies, they serve taro pies and green bean pies. We tried both of them and I was not a fan. Also, they have these weird advertisements up all over the store that were slightly erotic. That was a little weird too. I also tried out the play place, which was definitely sub-par. It is probably because of the lack of kids. There were no kids in McDonald's and I have noticed a lack of kids all over China. I think it's because of the one child policy, but there are definitely all more older folks that younger ones here.

2 comments:

Regina said...

Sarah! Every now and then I think "What is that girl up to now?"... and I find out from Facebook that you're in CHINA?! Wow!! Random and amazing!! Any particular reason why you're in China, or just on a whim?? Have fun and stay safe!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I hope you are feeling better so that you might actually be well by your B-day. I checked to see if you were on line, but I hope you are sleeping, It will do you good. It is raining here in Mpls. kind of a winter-like storm as it is going to last 2-3 days. I feel like i willbe ready for China after reading all of your blogs. Maybe it was the McDonlads stuff that did you in. just thought I would say hi and hope you are getting over your bug.

Love, Dad