16 June 2009

Day One of a New Era

I don't have any pictures from today, so I am putting all pictures from graduation. I was back in Seattle for 24 hours for graduation, but it felt like so much longer. And now I am really done with school. It's weird because I feel like I have already started the next part of my life, here in DC. It was like going backwards to go back and be a student again. But I will definitely miss my friends and being a part of UW ChemE. My flights went well and I got home pretty easily and went straight to bed. I even slept in, until 8, which was wonderful. I had a good day today too. We started out with a meeting about energy policy with a guy from ASME, which was a good broad overview of the important policies that have been passed or are currently in congress with respect to energy and what each of them do. Then I went to the tailor to get some pants tailored and stopped at work before going to the gym. They had a pilates class at the gym that I wanted to try, and it was ok. Then I did some reading on the elliptical machine and did my shoulder exercises. I got back to work at about 2:30 and worked until 7 or so tonight. I was really productive, but definitely realized how much stuff I have to do and how long it will take. I am way ahead of all the other interns because I started beforehand and I know alot more about energy in general, but it will still be a push to get something I feel good about by the end of this summer. Time is going to fly by. I want to have a draft done by the end of next week, so I'm going to work hard to get that done. I came home and all the interns were in my room, apparently they had just had an impromptu group dinner. I missed it, but that was ok. I ate a quick salad and then we all went for ice cream. It is perfect ice cream weather here, so it was really good. I had peach. Now I'm just at home doing non-work related things, like writing thank you cards. I'm going to go to sleep soon though, because we have to get up early tomorrow to go to the National Security Agency where we are going to learn about national security and cryptology. But I'll tell you about that tomorrow. Good night!








1 comment:

James Widder said...

Sarabear! You continue to amaze me!

LD