18 June 2009

It's all coming together

Today I went to a House Science and Technology Committee Hearing about Nuclear Fuel Recycle, which was amazing. Mike Peters, the director of Argonne National Labs, Alan Hanson, the CEO of AREVA, Lisa Price, the head of GE-Hitachi, and Charles Ferguson, the Science and Technology Congressional Fellow for Foreign Relations, were the panel and all the congressmen there, except for 2 seemed really excited to be talking about it and very supportive. I learned alot about what the important issues were and what people's questions were that needed to be answered. After than I came home and started writing, which also felt good. I got the first two sections written, which is a start. Then I went for a run and we went to Chinese food in China town for dinner. We walked past the White House on the way home. It's weird, everything is definitely still new here, but I'm feeling like I'm finding my place too. I hope I can get something good written and actually contribute to the nuclear recycle debate that is happening now. I'm going to go to sleep early tonight now, because I was really tired this morning and I want to get to work early to get some things done before I meet with Thomas Lee from Jay Inslee's office tomorrow. Night!





These are pictures from Jenn, who is clearly more of a photographer than me. This one in particular is Dan Hendirckson with the "Water Horse" AKA Hippo statue near our dorm. There is a plaque in front of the "water horse" that claims it represents pride or something. I think it's kind of a stretch.

No comments: